A Web design is a unique representation of a website so that it targets a particular range of customers & is able to reach a particular group of audiences to market its product and services.
1. Design Brief: Some clients know exactly what is needed, while some clients need more help to visualize the ideas into a perfect output. Most Web designers ask few common questions like:
What does the company do?
Who are the company’s typical customers?
Who are the company’s business competitors?
How is the company positioned in the market compared to its competitors?
Does the company have existing design style guides (company colors, typefaces, etc.)?
While creating a web design, there are some points that are to be accessed like the Target market, Company Objectives, Design parameters, Budget and the size of the website.
2. Research: The market research is an important aspect in design preparation , the other aspect are Market trends, Competitor Analysis, Some design Analysts often ask for previous design and foot maps for Enhancing the designs before creation of an entirely new design. There can be a gallery of templates which can be used for references.
3. Design Concept: Once the research work is complete, The Web Design process starts & this is quite an interesting process, in this step designers draw images, shapes, objects, and convert them into a creative design. There are some complex business models that require more knowledge about the business, thus a set of in-house designers might be consulted.
4. Feedback & Review: The feedback and review is very important in these aspects, a review can help enhance a design concept and create additional design concepts. If there are many concepts, then the stronger ones should be focused. Listening to critics, interacting with forums can gain new ideas & get ratings from other fellow members.
5. Presentation: This is final step, this is where all ideas are finalized into a complete website design. Generally there are multiple template designs presented to the clients for final design selection. In some cases 2-3 revision might be required to achieve the ultimate perfection. In case of additional revision it is charged as per terms and condition.